Saturday, June 30, 2012


UK-Trip   -  Start: Thursday, 24. May 2012
 
DE Aidlingen (A) - Freudenstadt (B) (53 km Train)
DE Freudenstadt - FR/Bitche (C) (152 km Bike)




Switzerland was a little training for the extraordinary ‘business trip’ to UK. Unfortunately I had to finish an urgent task at the evening before my start. At the end I slept two hours and started with some delay. To catch up a little bit I took the train to Freudenstadt for the first 53 kilometers. 


View from the Black forest to Alsace/France. Behind the mountains is the target of the first day. 

After 30 km on the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse (Black Forest scenic road) followed a part downhill from 950 m to 140 m above zero - phantastic! I crossed the river Rhine which is the border to France. 
The next part was the crossing of the low montain range Vosges (Alsace/France) which follows the broad and flat valley of the rhine..

The hardest condition of that day was the high temperature - about 30 degrees - as always over the next few days.

At about 20:00 and after 152 km cycling I reached the nice little city of Bitche http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitche . I had good luck and found an old mill which is owned by Germans. They were in the middle of preparations for a big Indian festival over Pentecost. It was a very nice evening and I slept very good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment